Agua de Amari (Hibiscus Tea)
This twist on the traditional Agua de Jamaica—or "hibiscus water"—is fortified with Amari Everyday Calm, for a refreshing way to encourage calm and ease stress.
The traditional tea is an infusion of dried hibiscus flowers and cane sugar. We used tea bags for ease, and swapped the sugar for raw, unfiltered honey. For a sugar-free version, substitute stevia or monkfruit. Agua de Amari is usually served chilled, over ice. Or serve it warm; substitute a sprinkle of cinnamon for the lime juice and sip before bed for a sweet, calming way to unwind and ease into sleep.
8 hibiscus tea bags
1/4 cup raw, unfiltered honey, or to taste
4 packets Amari Everyday Calm drink mix
Juice from 1 small lime
Lime slices for garnish (optional)
1. Bring 4 cups of water to a vigorous boil. Combine tea bags and honey in a teapot or quart-size mason jar. Pour boiling water over tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes.
2. Remove tea bags, squeezing out as much liquid as possible from bags.
3. Add Amari Everyday Calm and lime juice; stir well to combine.
4. Let mixture cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until well-chilled.
5. Divide chilled tea between four individual glasses with ice; garnish with lime slices, if desired, and serve immediately.
Share your deliciousness by tagging #PlayLongerRecoverFaster on social media!